Provost IT provides supported departments with web project management services to help streamline business processes. This also includes helping departments find, adopt and integrate external services, tools or applications into Provost IT infrastructure.
In contrast to building custom web application from scratch, there are often third-party vendors who provide services which satisfy an open business need or development project that falls outside the scope of what can be provided internally. Provost IT’s web and business application project management service allows you to harness Provost IT’s extensive business and technical experience to find third-party vendors and integrate their services with existing Provost IT and USC technologies and systems.
Web and business application project management includes the following sub-services:
- Vendor selection, referral, and negotiation for specific business technology needs, including:
- Third-party web development and design projects
- Existing third-party service/app selection to meet a business need (e.g. project management, event management, or student data manipulation software)
- Quote and deliverable review, as well as and RFP (request for proposal) drafting
- Security review, including assistance with reaching out to the necessary university offices for compliance and oversight purposes, such as ITS’ Information Security Office or USC Treasury Services
- Integration assistance with current USC systems, such as USCNet IDs (Shibboleth) or Provost Accounts (Active Directory)
- Other vendor liaison activities and assistance as appropriate
Provost IT also maintains a list of preferred third-party vendors for certain services, many of whom are already registered with the University. This type of externally contracted work, with Provost IT acting as a liaison between the department and vendor, is often most effective for very large and technically complex web applications, including those which process any type of protected or high-risk information (credit card data, for example).